Featuring Hosts: Matt Carano, Nick Boyle, and Cord Blomquist
Engineered by: Matt Carano
Produced by: Matt Carano, and Nick Boyle
On this episode of The Freecast, Cord returns, Veterans Day celebration dilutes the holiday’s original intent, a homeless Rambo man is peacefully apprehended, and NH’s aging workforce is causing an employee shortage.
- Sunday Nov 11th was Armistice day, now called veterans day. Matt
- The best way to honor veterans is to stop making new ones.
- Trove of war posters discovered at New Hampshire library
- Armed homeless man causes forced evacuation of several major businesses along Route 11 in Rochester Nick
- Brace Yourselves for Boring! Cord
- Cultural icon, and architect of the modern comic book Stan Lee dies Monday the 11th at age 95. Matt
- Judge orders Amazon to produce recordings from Echo device seized from crime scene of Farmington double-murder Nick
- Jim Boyle keeps winning Matt
- Psychotherapist warns that working mothers produce mentally ill children Nick
- NH’s aging population may cause problems in the job market Nick
Events – Cord
- Freecoast Liberty Outreach Meetup (Just announce this week’s)
- Dover – 1st Thursday
- Exeter – 2nd Thursday
- Hampton – 3rd Thursday – In Seabrook at Casa Tequila
- Rochester – 4th Thursday normally
- Wild Card! – 5th Thursday Rochester this time
- Liberty Forum
- February 7-9 2019. $149 general admission $299 All inclusive
- Chris Sununu (R) 52.8% 302,509
- Molly Kelly (D) 45.8% 262,174
- Jilletta Jarvis (L) 1.4% 8,173
- Executive Council
- Dems 3 Reps 2
- State Senate
- Dems 13, Reps 11
- State House
- Dems 219, Reps 181
- Constitutional amendments
- Allow taxpayers to sue government 82.8% 406,685 – 84,337
- Right to privacy 81.0% 402,0292 – 94,375
- Nick’s comments on Libertarian Party of New Hampshire
- Jarvis’ 1.4% means that the Libertarian Party loses automatic ballot access. Needed at least 4%
- Phinney incumbent only 377 votes, (10%) in Strafford 24 house race, single member seat. The Republican who won barely campaigned. Only put yards signs up. Phinney had switched from Republican to Libertarian during the last term
- Dyer incumbent only 1,113 votes, 0.83% Hillsborough district 37, 11 member seat district. Number is deceiving due to how many people are elected from that district. The last place winner from that district got 4.95% 6,722 votes
- If candidates want to run to win they MUST infiltrate one of the two major parties.
- Wolfeboro. America’s oldest summer resort
- Granted to 4 men from Portsmouth by Governor Benning Wentworth in 1759
- Named after General James Wolfe who was victorious in the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in the French and Indian War which lasted 15 minutes and he died from three gunshot wounds. The battle turned the tide in the war. (Also 1759)
- Benning’s nephew John Wentworth became governor as well later on and established an estate in Wolfeboro called Kingswood next to what is now Lake Wentworth.
- During the 19th century the only way to get to Wolfeboro was via the road, i.e. stagecoach or horse.
- In 1872 a railroad was opened that branched off from “Sanborn’s Station” in Wakefield from the Portsmouth, Great Falls and Conway Railroad.
- The railroad caused tourism to explode. What was a small village became one of the biggest tourist destinations.
- The rail line ended right at Lake Winnipesaukee where you could board the steamship Mt. Washington owned by another railroad. The Boston & Maine railroad.
- The Mt Washington still runs and stops in Wolfeboro, Meredith, Weir’s Beach and Alton.
Book Recommendations with Cord
- “Thanks A Thousand”
Do you have a topic that you would like for us to discuss? A correction and additional piece of information that we may have overlooked, please send it in to email@example.com While you are here, follow us on Twitter @freecastpodcast and like our Facebook page.