Announcing the next Freecoast Powwow and Sunschool – Sunday, April 15th!
New This Month:
• Mike Vine gives a talk on Redeeming Colonization. Colonization has a bad reputation today – but is it necessarily evil? Mike will discuss examples of peaceful and productive colonization and make the case for why the future of freedom may depend on it.
• Jared Ackerman responds to last month’s theme of Understanding Power with his own thoughts on Empowering Libertarians.
• During Symposium, we want to hear about your favorite liberty song or artist, in addition to open discussion of the day’s talks and other topics on your mind!
• At Sunschool, we’ll be discussing the Semiotics, or the Study of Symbols. This is a student-driven session, so bring your thoughts and questions!
What Is The Freecoast Powwow?
Every month, on the 3rd Sunday at noon, the Freecoast liberty community gathers at the Praxeum to have a Powwow.
This is more formal than our weekly pub nights, but it’s still a lot of fun! It’s a chance for Freecoasters to explore big ideas, share their passions, and stay connected to one another on a level beyond social media posts.
The Powwow format is:
• Greeting and Announcements – Overview of the program, important liberty news, and community announcements.
• Featured Presentations – Scheduled talks and performances.
• Symposium – An open forum for all to share and discuss. Bring a song or photo, a personal or philosophical question, a recent achievement in your life, a book recommendation, or anything else you’d like to share.
What Is Sunschool?
Sunschool is an innovative one-hour learning session for young scholars, whether homeschoolers, unschoolers, or those enrolled in traditional schools. One Sunday per month, students gather to discuss a topic with an expert mentor. The format is student-driven, exploring their questions and helping them find answers rather than passively memorizing the doctrine of a teacher or textbook.
Past topics include:
• Concepts of Good & Evil
• Philosophy of Comics
• Physical Fitness
• Theories of Justice
• Philosophy of Science
Sunschool is held on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 11am-noon. Please contact us for more information.
All ages welcome, but recommended for students 8-12.