Announcing the next Freecoast Powwow and Sunschool – Sunday, February 18th!
New This Month:
• At Sunschool, we’ll be discussing the Philosophy of Sports with philosopher Mike Vine and athlete BJ Mumford. Bring your thoughts and questions!
• Featured presentation by Carol Gardner on her new culinary venture, Arriving At Zen, that will be competing at FreecoastFest V’s Porcupine Den startup contest.
• Mike Vine gives a free speech on “True Believers”.
• Tom Hudson’s “Meeting of the Minds” focuses on Getting Things Done methodology.
What Is The Freecoast Powwow?
Every month, on the 3rd Sunday at noon, the Freecoast liberty community gathers at the Praxeum to have a Powwow.
This is more formal than our weekly pub nights, but it’s still a lot of fun! It’s a chance for Freecoasters to explore big ideas, share their passions, and stay connected to one another on a level beyond social media posts.
The Powwow format is:
• Greeting and Announcements – Overview of the program and important news.
• Featured Presentations – Scheduled talks and performances.
• Symposium – An open forum for all to share and discuss. Bring a song or photo, a personal or philosophical question, a recent achievement in your life, a book recommendation, or anything else you’d like to share.
• Meeting of the Minds – A personal development workshop and mutual support group. The first step to freedom is in your mind. Host Tom Hudson has spent years exploring ways to improve productivity, inner peace, and interpersonal relationships. But this is no lecture! The path to self-actualization is highly individual, but also enriched by a strong network of fellow travelers. Here’s an opportunity to pool expertise, learn from others, and find support in the struggle to understand and improve ourselves and our world.
What Is Sunschool?
Sunschool is an innovative one-hour learning session for young scholars, whether homeschoolers, unschoolers, or those enrolled in traditional schools. One Sunday per month, students gather to discuss a topic with an expert mentor. The format is student-driven, exploring their questions and helping them find answers rather than passively memorizing the doctrine of a teacher or textbook.
Past topics include:
• Concepts of Good & Evil
• The Philosophy of Comics
• Physical Fitness
• Theories of Justice
Sunschool is held on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 11am-noon. Please contact us for more information.
All ages welcome, but recommended for students 8 and up.