On this episode: Study proves trade promotes kindness – not greed. Nick defends voting for Trump. Sununu’s Ag offer to Jasper is a pig-in-a-poke. And Ellen agrees Taxation Is Theft!
Featuring Hosts: Matt Carano, Mike Vine, and Nick Boyle
Engineered by: Matt Carano
Produced by: Tom Hudson
- Jasper jolts to Agriculture Commissioner (Nick)
- Harvey “The Hurricane” Weinstein paid off sexual harassment accusers for decades (Matt)
- Healthy Markets – Tesla fired ‘hundreds’ of workers this week over performance reviews (Mike)
- Quebec quashes Uber demands, Uber stays put (Matt)
- Ellen DeGeneres advocates getting rid of taxation (Matt)
- “I would get rid of taxes. I don’t think we need taxes. I’d have boxes where you can put money in. You should get to choose where your money goes instead of giving it and just letting them decide. I think you should decide.” -Ellen DeGeneres
- Free trade makes people nicer (Mike)
- “Societies that use markets extensively develop a culture of cooperation, fairness, and respect for the individual.”
- Sununu won’t let state troopers enforce federal immigration laws (Nick)
- Spain imprisons 2 leaders of Catalonia Independence movement. (Mike)
- Universities riding urbanism wave (Mike)
- Check out your local meetup next Thursday 26th in Rochester at Magrillas
Quote of the week
- QOTW: “Everyone else is still trying to play catch up to this tax incentive we created in 1789 — no sales tax and no income tax. Obviously, the Boston region is a great place to go, but if you’re going to be there, be in tax-free New Hampshire. It’s all the benefits without the headaches.” – Gov. Chris Sununu http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20171018/boston-area-stakes-amazon-hq-pitch-on-technology-talent
The Big Question
- Do you regret voting for Trump?
- Fundraiser drive
- Question for listeners
- Send us an Answer to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll read the best ones next week!