Announcing the next Freecoast Powwow and Sunschool – Sunday, June 17th!
New This Month:
• Mike Vine gives a talk on “The Private Law Society” – how peace can be maintained, property protected, and disputes resolved without coercion.
• BJ Mumford offers a Featured Presentation on “Infinite Banking”. This Robert P. Murphy-endorsed financial concept cleverly uses whole life insurance to free you from the traditional banking cartel.
• During Symposium, we want to hear where you draw the line between capitalism and cronyism, in addition to open discussion of the day’s talks and other topics on your mind!
• At Sunschool, we’ll be discussing Entrepreneurship for Young People: Part II! Last month, our scholars were challenged to create a profitable business. This month, we’ll compare results!
What Is The Freecoast Powwow?
Every month, on the 3rd Sunday at noon, the Freecoast liberty community gathers at the Praxeum to have a Powwow.
This is more formal than our weekly pub nights, but it’s still a lot of fun! It’s a chance for Freecoasters to explore big ideas, share their passions, and stay connected to one another on a level beyond social media posts.
The Powwow format is:
• Greeting and Announcements – Overview of the program, important liberty news, and community announcements.
• Featured Presentations – Scheduled talks and performances.
• Symposium – An open forum for all to share and discuss. Bring a song or photo, a personal or philosophical question, a recent achievement in your life, a book recommendation, or anything else you’d like to share.
What Is Sunschool?
Sunschool is an innovative one-hour learning session for young scholars, whether homeschoolers, unschoolers, or those enrolled in traditional schools. One Sunday per month, students gather to discuss a topic with an expert mentor. The format is student-driven, exploring their questions and helping them find answers rather than passively memorizing the doctrine of a teacher or textbook.
Past topics include:
• Concepts of Good & Evil
• Philosophy of Comics
• Physical Fitness
• Theories of Justice
• Philosophy of Science
Sunschool is held on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 11am-noon. Please contact us for more information.
All ages welcome, but recommended for students 8-12.