On this episode: The power of Fortune 500 corporations. Guns in gloveboxes. TSA pre-check in stadiums. And Hollywood’s power to ostracize.
Featuring Hosts: Matt Carano, Mike Vine, and Nick Boyle
Engineered by: Matt Carano
Produced by: Tom Hudson, Matt Carano, Mike Vine, and Nick Boyle
- Corporations aren’t as powerful as you think (Mike)
- “Socialism above all meant a horror of the new age: the age of machines and high finance. It was more than conservative. It was reactionary and nostalgic, and in the long march from status to contract it demanded a return to the familiar and time honored world of status.” – George Watson, The Lost Literature of Socialism
- This one is crazy (Matt)
- TSA precheck now fast tracks entrance to NFL stadiums
- Bill of Rights sought for Foster parents (Mike)
- Ferrier school forced to have students have high school diploma or GED (Matt)
- The unintended consequences of Portsmouth’s parking problems (Nick)
- Hollywood shows power of ostracism – but is it practicing collective punishment? (Matt)
- Venture Capitalists: BigFish Learning Community https://www.bigfishnh.org (Mike)
The Big Question
- Are Rights Really Inalienable? Do Natural Rights Even Exist?
- Fundraiser drive
- Last week we asked: “Why does liberty matter to you?”
- It is the way to leave the world better than we found it, a reason for being at all. #liberty
- Question for listeners: Would you agree never to collect social security (despite paying in), if it would exempt your children from contributing? (h/t Link)
- Send us an Answer on Twitter @freecastpodcast and we’ll read the best ones next week!